Curious gamers discovered last week how to unlock a Very High streaming setting in their Xbox app in Windows 10, but it looks like we didn’t have to wait long for it anyway.
The Xbox app is getting an update this week that will add 60 frames per second, 1080p streaming, as well as a few other things:
- My Games can be sorted by a grid instead of a list, and games can be added to the list manually
- Achievements can be compared with other gamers via the Game Hub page
- More notifications can be enabled and disabled
- Recently Played will show an animated display showing who has been playing a game recently and your personal progress
- You can right click on friends to start a party or send a message
The Xbox One itself is going to see a couple slow months as the team focuses on the big interface overhaul coming in November, so it’s likely we won’t see much change about the console before then, but updates to the app like this one may be more substantial.
This update begins rolling out immediately and will update automatically.