It’s been quite a while since Digimon had any real presence in the U.S. 2014 saw the release of the fighting game Digimon All-Star Rumble, but it’s been a full seven years since Bandai Namco decided to localize one of the RPG entries. Not to worry though, because the trend of missing out has officially come to an end with Digimon Cyber Sleuth confirmed for a PlayStation 4 and PS Vita release in 2016.
This sci-fi spin on the digital monster franchise gives its creatures a full robotic make-over, and it will feature a sci-fi mystery story.
- Featuring more than 200 Digimon from the animated series!
- Become a detective to investigate and gather clues to solve the digital mystery!
- Turn-based battles return!
- Connect attacks together for more powerful combos!
- Scan, raise, train and battle Digimon.
- Digivolve to unlock more powerful forms!
- Traverse and explore the vivid and immersive environments of the real & digital worlds.
If you need a Pokémon substitute on your PS Vita, this might be a solid choice. I’m trying to add up how it would be viable on the console, but I guess the potential is there if it has a cross-save feature.
Look for Digimon All-Star Rumble on the PS Vita and PlayStation 4 in 2016.