Sony has announced the PlayStation Plus games that will be available as part of the subscription for this month. While Microsoft has Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag and Gears of War 3 up, Sony has a slightly less memorable set of offerings available.
- Rocket League is a vehicular action-sports game available for PlayStation 4.
- Styx: Master of Shadows, possibly the most memorable of the list, is a stealth game with some RPG elements, and is available on PlayStation 4 as well.
- Heading to PlayStation 4 and PS Vita is Entwined, while Mousecraft is hitting PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita.
- Rain, a game where you play as a boy chasing after an invisible girl, will be available on PlayStation 3.
- Finally, exclusively for PS Vita is Geometry Wars 3.
Rocket League looks fast and fun, and Mousecraft looks plenty cute. Entwined is an abstract, colorful title, while Rain is a somber, sad experience. Geometry Wars is, well, Geometry Wars.
Microsoft and Sony almost seem to take turns having great and totally unmemorable months, and this is one of the latter for Sony. Some of these games are fun and worth the time, but they’re not the blockbuster titles fans expect to headline these programs. We’re hoping Sony has a better lineup planned for August.