Pebble Time units are shipping out to early backers of the new smartwatch now. My unit is set to arrive sometime this afternoon, and right at the very last minute, Pebble announced that Apple has approved the Pebble Time Watch for iPhone app. We were worried for a moment there. Apple hadn’t approved the app and Pebble had resulted to asking for users to reach out to Apple on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. But we need not worry.
The app is live complete with new watchfaces, apps, management tools, support for My Pebble info cards and more. Owners of the original Pebble and Pebble Steel should also find an update to version 2.6.6 with new features, too.
“It’s thanks to you, the one-million-and-growing community of Pebble users, developers, and fans that Pebble Time Watch is on the AppStore today,” Pebble said in an e-mail to backers. “You carried this torch across the finish line. If only we could dish out a million-plus high fives to all of you.”
You can download the app now, but Pebble warns that it can take 2-3 hours for iTunes to populate the app for all users (it’s still not there for us, but check the links below.) Here’s a look at all of the features:
Pebble Time Watch for iOS 3.0 Release Notes (Download)
- Brand-new app for setting up and managing your Pebble Time and Pebble Time Steel smartwatch.
- Create a Pebble account or access an existing one.
- Browse, get, and share Pebble Time apps and watchfaces on the Pebble appstore, right from the app.
- Load watchapps onto your Pebble Time watch and organize them from My Pebble.
- Find watchfaces and apps optimized for Pebble Time watch’s color display and timeline interface.
- Discover new and popular watchapps by category: Notifications, Daily, Fitness, Games, Remotes, and Tools & Utilities.
- Support for Pebble Time data sources (e.g. Timeline-based apps, weather/sports data, and more).
- Manage over-the-air software updates for your Pebble Time watch as new features and improvements happen.
- Contact Support, manage Settings, browse resources, find community links, and share suggestions with Team Pebble directly.
- New My Pebble layout – Organize what’s on your Pebble Time watch by Watchfaces and Apps/Timeline.
- Dragging downloaded watchapps within the menu reorders them and syncs the changes to your Pebble (woo-hoo!).
- My Pebble info cards – Toggle settings, set as active watchface, contact developer, and more by tapping any item within My Pebble.
- Quick watchface management – In My Pebble, the watchface with the green checkmark is the one currently active on your watch.
- Quickly change the active watchface by tapping the empty circle of another watchface in the menu.
- Enjoy it all – supports both new Pebble Time watchapps AND all items currently available in the Pebble appstore.
Pebble Smartwatch for iOS 2.6.6 Release Notes (Download)
Fixes potential conflicts with Pebble Time smartwatches if both Pebble Smartwatch AND Pebble Time Watch apps for iOS are installed on the same device
Both Pebble iPhone apps may now be installed simultaneously with no issues.
No major changes from version 2.6.1.