Ultra Street Fighter 4 was not in a good place when it launched for the PlayStation 4 last week, making even the botched AAA launches of 2014 look smooth by comparison. Luckily, a new 1.02 patch is now available, and it has a long laundry list of bugs, glitches, and other little kinks that it hopes to address.
- Reduce interface lag within menus
- Addressed disappearing projectiles
- Fixed Decapre’s teleport animation
- Fixed Rolento’s audio glitch (during victory screen)
- Fixed missing SFX for Red Focus attack
- Fixed Akuma’s stomp SFX not playing
- Addressed bottom portion of the ON/OFF text being cutoff under the graphics settings in the Options menu
- Removed extra character ¦ that was sometimes displayed in Leaderboards at the end of a player’s name even if they have not set it to be there
- Fixed issue when seeking an Arcade match-up with LAN cabled disconnected and then starting up training results in a message ID being displayed
- Addressed Online IDs not appearing correctly
- Addresses issue when changing the HP bar’s HUD position in Options, the Online ID HUD position does not move with it and is displayed at the default position
- Anisotropic Filtering (AF) changes to decrease blur
- Fixed appearance of white box after backing out of a command list menu
- Addressed Fight Request issue in Arcade Mode
Whew, I’m out of breath just reading those in my head! The gaming press is starting to feel like a broken record, but seriously, does nobody test these games anymore before they launch?
Ultra Street Fighter IV is available now for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and PC. It comes with pretty much every build of every Street Fighter IV character and every DLC costume known to mankind.