I really love The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt so far, when I’m not playing Splatoon… But, man are the candles annoying.
If you’re near a candle, you can press the investigate button to use Igni and light it. You can put it out in the same fashion. Fine, cool, neat idea. However, if a candle is near a chest or piece of loot? Yeah, you’ll be blowing out candles while you’re really trying to search corpses in cabins constantly. It’s annoying. It’s also been noted by CD Projekt RED, and it’s on its way out the door.
The next patch will fix all sorts of things, including the candle issue. It will also enlarge GUI and HUD elements like fonts on consoles and PC. Thank goodness for that, because playing from my couch right now is nigh impossible.
Here’s the rundown for the most requested changes being addressed in patch 1.04/1.05.
- Geralt will no longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements
- General stability and performance improvements
- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC
- Improved camera smoothness
- Performance improvements during some cutscenes
- Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri’s Story: Fleeing the Bog quest
- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man’s tree during Eye for an Eye quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable
- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
- Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King’s Gambit quest
- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven’s Treasure quest
Awesome. Improved performance, smarter candles, bigger fonts and minor bug squashing. I am down with all of that.
Stay tuned fro more on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.