The first teaser trailer has been released for Danny Boyle and Aaron Sorkin’s upcoming biographical film take on Apple co-founder Steve Jobs.
After several leaked set photos, we’re finally getting our first look at Boyle’s film. As many pundits have noted, beyond his clothes, Michael Fassbender didn’t do much to change his appearance to look like Steve Jobs, and that is certainly evident in your first few glimpses of him in the trailer. The same can be said, however, for the entire cast with Seth Rogen looking mainly like himself as opposed to Apple co-founder Steve “Woz” Wozniak.
While this is the second biographical film on the late Steve Jobs, this is being considered a bit more of an official film as it’s based on Jobs’ biographer Walter Isaacson’s book that came out shortly after the passing of the businessman. The first film out of the gate starring Ashton Kutcher in the title role was not well received and was said to have had many factual inaccuracies according to people such as Woz.
The film is going to set up an interesting narrative as described in the official synopsis:
Set backstage at three iconic product launches and ending in 1998 with the unveiling of the iMac, Steve Jobs takes us behind the scenes of the digital revolution to paint an intimate portrait of the brilliant man at its epicenter.
The announced cast so far includes:
- Michael Fassbender — Steve Jobs
- Kate Winslet — Joanna Hoffman
- Seth Rogen — Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Inc. and creator of the Apple I and Apple II.
- Jeff Daniels — John Sculley
- Michael Stuhlbarg — Andy Hertzfeld
- Perla Haney-Jardine, Ripley Sobo, and Makenzie Moss — Lisa Brennan-Jobs
- Katherine Waterston — Chrisann Brennan
- John Ortiz — Joel Pforzheimer
- Sarah Snook — Andrea “Andy” Cunningham
- Scotty Wood — Larry Tesler
- Tyson Wheeler — Bruce Horn
- Chris Amato — Steve Capps
- Mike Siemsen — Larry Kenyon
- Cristina Swift — Rony Sebok
- Adam Shapiro — Avie Tevanian
Steve Jobs will hit theaters on October 9, 2015.