Activision revived the Sierra brand last year, and one of the big names coming along with it is King’s Quest. King’s Quest was one of the greats of the classic adventure gaming era, and one of Sierra’s hallmark titles. It only makes sense that one would return with the other.
Gone are the text-and-sprite screens, though, replaced by updated visuals and a cast of voice actors that could help give the game a bit of extra oomph.
Headlining the cast is Christopher Lloyd, best known for his role as Doc Brown in Back to the Future. Also on the cast is Tom Kenny as a conman merchant. He’s done dozens and dozens of roles and is a massively experienced voice actor, but he’s best known for the Ice King on Adventure Time and, of course, Spongebob Squarepants. Zelda Williams, most recently seen in The Legend of Korra as Kuvira – also known as daughter of the late Robin Williams – will play a blacksmith named Amaya Blackstone. Rounding out the headlining cast is… Wallace Shawn? Inconceivable!
The known cast so far, including those listed above, is as follows:
- Christopher Lloyd (Back to the Future)
- Josh Keaton (The Spectacular Spider-Man)
- Maggie Elizabeth Jones (We Bought a Zoo)
- Zelda Williams (The Legend of Korra)
- Wallace Shawn (Toy Story)
- Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Michael Benyaer (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen)
- Loretta Devine (Crash)
- Gideon Emery (Teen Wolf)
- Jean Gilpin (Frozen)
- Michael Gough (Batman: Arkham Origins)
- Andy Pessoa (Transformers Prime)
- Kevin Michael Richardson (The Cleveland Show)
- Kath Soucie (Rugrats)
- Fred Tatasciore (Marvel’s Avengers Assemble)
- Richard White (Beauty and the Beast)
- Michael-Leon Wooley (The Princess and the Frog)
Hopefully the revived property will hold up in line with the strong voice cast, populated by traditional and voice actors alike, and make for a great experience when it comes out later this year.