It’s not often we see a game’s PC requirements so far ahead of its release. Call of Duty: Black Ops III is still a full six months away, though, and Treyarch has provided the minimum specifications, shown below:
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom™ II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 6970 @ 1GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
In short, a five year old computer could handle the minimum requirements for Treyarch’s game. No word on the recommended specs, but rest assured a slightly newer PC will be required.
Speaking to VG247, Treyarch’s Matt Lamia said that we can expect a full, proper PC version of the game, as well, meaning that the game will have all the graphical toggles we’d expect from a PC game rather than the minimal options we see in a console port.
“For players on high-end rigs there are feature-rich options for them. You’ve invested in your rig, you want to be able to turn on all those options and play all maxed out,” Lamia said.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III releases for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on November 6.