The NPD Group has released the sales results from the month of March, and once again, the PlayStation 4 reigns as king. Sony has issued its standard monthly praise of itself, thanking the fanbase for the opportunity to be such a success.
We are truly honored PlayStation 4 is the top-selling console and No. 1 in software sales again according to NPD sales data for March 2015. PS4 remains the cumulative sales leader both globally and in the United States and we want to thank gamers worldwide for their ongoing support.
On the software side of things, Battlefield Hardline came out on top as the number one game across all of its platforms, the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. The number one SKU, at least if we gauge by the PlayStation Store’s results, was Bloodborne which came it at number 2. This is the first time this generation a console exclusive has landed so high on the list.
Despite that fact, though,it came in second to inFamous: Second Son for a PlayStation 4 exclusive debut.
Other notable new games include Mario Party 10, which landed in 4th place. Nintendo has confirmed the digital and physical sales landed at 290,000. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD also hung in there for an extra month at the number 10 spot, and MLB 15 The Show did well for itself as a PlayStation exclusive in the number 6 spot. See the whole top 10 list below.
- Battlefield: Hardline (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Bloodborne (PS4)
- Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Mario Party 10 (Wii U) (sold 290,000 copies physical and digital, according to Nintendo)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (PS4, Xbox One)
- Final Fantasy: Type 0 HD (PS4, Xbox One)