It’s been such a sure thing for so long now that I almost forgot Predator appearing in Mortal Kombat X was still just a rumor. Well, not anymore! NetherRealm Studios has confirmed that the sci-fi icon will be a playable character in one of its four DLC character packs. He joins fellow guest-star Jason Vorhees and lesser known Mortal Kombat characters Tanya and Tremor, and all four newcomers are revealed in a new trailer.
Each of the four packs will contain a playable character and skins for several other characters. For example, Carl Weathers’ from Predator will be a skin for Jax, and other characters will be granted their more classic outfits.
The Ultimate Horror Pack
• Playable character Jason Voorhees
• Horror skins Vampiress Mileena, Kraken Reptile and Pharaoh ErmacThe Klassic Pack #1
• Playable character Tanya
• Klassic skins for Kano, Sonya and Liu KangThe Predator / Prey Pack
• Playable character Predator
•Predator-themed skins Commando Johnny, Infrared Scorpion and Carl Weathers as JaxThe Klassic Pack #2
• Playable character, Tremor
• Klassic skins for Quan Chi, Jax and Kung Lao
Mortal Kombat X will be released for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on April 14. The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 version will be released later in the summer.