The Legend of Zelda is still one of our most cherished video game franchises, but it doesn’t quite see the same financial success that it used to in the past. I thought the days were long gone when the franchise would give the AAA shooters of the world a good thrashing, but here we have it. The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D was the number one selling game in February according to the NPD results.
Overall, the portable Zelda game amassed a grand total of 515,000 sales across both the digital and physical versions. That number alone was enough to put it over the month’s other big hits like Evolve, Dragon Ball Xenoverse and The Order 1886, which closed out at number 2, 7 and 9 respectively.
Nintendo also found success with Capcom’s Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate cracking the top 10 with 290,000 units sold. Can’t keep the handheld Nintendo platforms down no matter how hard you push, it seems. Check out the full top 10 list below for February.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (3DS) (515,000 copies sold digitally and physically)
- Evolve (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
- Dying Light (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)
- Dragon Ball: Xenoverse (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- The Order: 1886 (PS4)
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) (290,000 copies sold digitally and physically)