The Steam Machine has an actual, real release window. Along with that comes a list of the systems that will be available at or near launch.
There will be 15 options available this fall for those who want a console experience on a PC platform across a variety of sizes, prices, and form factors.
Alienware’s machine scrapes the bottom of the price scale at $479.99 and it goes up from there. 11 of the machines have options under $1000, though many simply start there and climb upwards, topping out at $4,999.99 for the highest of the high end on the Falcon Northwest Tiki Steam Machine. They also range from the extremely tiny Gigabyte BRIX Pro, built for travel (and cuddling) up to some systems like those from Maingear and Digital Storm that fit more into the standard vertical PC tower form factor. The most immediately living-room-friendly systems look to be Alienware’s sleek black and red system and iBuy Power’s PlayStation 4 styled SBX.
The gallery above is as follows:
- Alienware Steam Machine, Starting at $479.99
- Alternate Steam Machine, $1,099.00 to 1,999.99
- Asus ROG GR8S, Starting at $699.99
- Digital Storm Eclipse Steam Machine, $699.99
- Falcon Northwest Tiki Steam Machine, $1,999.99 to $4,999.99
- Gigabyte BRIX Pro, $599.99
- iBuyPower SBX, Starting at $459.99
- Maingear DRIFT, Starting at $849.99
- Materiel.net Steam Machine, $899.99
- NextBox, $799.99 to $1,299.99
- ORIGIN OMEGA Steam Machine, $899.99 to $4,999.99
- Scan 3XS ST Steam Machine, $999.99 to $1,299.99
- Syber Steam Machine, $499.99 to $1,399.99
- Webhallen S15-01, $949.99
- ZOTAC Steam Machine SN970, $999.99