Pebble is one of the more popular smartwatches on the market, and it’s getting even more powerful thanks to a new update on Monday. The app for Android has been updated to version 2.3, bringing some major additions to the platform, among them being Android Wear notifications. Now you have even more reason to stick with (or jump into) Pebble’s solid ecosystem.
There’s a full breakdown right here for better taking advantage of the Android Wear notifications, so check that out if you want to learn more. Beyond that, the update also introduces the ability to reply from Pebble using most Android-compatible SMS apps, Pebbler-defined replies to notifications (up to 5) and a fix for WhatsApp notifications. But that’s not all; check out the full list of changes below.
Developers won’t have to do any extra work to make the Android Wear notifications work, which is a nice benefit for Pebble users. So long as there’s Android Wear integration, Pebble users should start receiving notifications in no time. Today’s update also squashes a number of bugs, making the experience all-around much more powerful. In addition to the app update, Pebble users should be in for a new firmware update to version 2.9.
- Android Wear Notifications. Reply and act on Android Wear notifications (requires Firmware v2.9+). See http://pbl.io/f for full details.
- Pebbler-defined replies. Set your own replies to notifications (up to 5, so get creative, buddy!).
- Reply from Pebble using most Android-compatible SMS messaging apps
- Automatic app and watchface updates when Pebble is idle.
- Support for Android 4.0+ devices
- Fixed Issues with Whatsapp notifications
- UTF-8 support in PebbleKit JS
- Bug fixes and stability improvements