Ubisoft wants to know what you might enjoy in a future Far Cry game. To find out, the publisher has been sending out a questionnaire to Far Cry 4 players over the last few weeks.
This isn’t the first time Ubisoft has done this. Previous polls for Assassin’s Creed mentioned settings and features – revolutionary America, Victorian England, cooperative gameplay – that ended up showing up in future editions. It’s very likely that some of these suggestions are already in the planning stages. Here are the options, pulled from an image posted by Eurogamer:
- A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness
- A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet
- A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s
- A Far Cry game in set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru
- A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires
- A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas
- A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak
- Blood Dragon 2 (with more Rex Power Colt)
- A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world
- A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs
- A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry 4
Far Cry has previously done some weird stuff with games like Far Cry: Instincts, which had you fighting genetic mutants and of course Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon‘s 80s cartoon-action movie mash-up.
Politically sensitive settings like the Vietnam War and cocaine trafficking would require Ubisoft to take great measures to step up the writing they’ve had in the past, as Far Cry games have generally had some lackluster scripts. They could be really interesting if they were done well, though. We’d really like it if they skipped Shangri-La and zombie outbreaks altogether.
But let’s talk about dinosaurs.
A setting like that described above would give Ubisoft an opportunity to do something that is a big departure from the rhythm of Far Cry‘s standard combat and mission structure while still putting you deep in a jungle. We’d also need some pretty awesome weapons to take on some of the bigger predators. And what about riding a triceratops? This is your chance, Ubisoft. Make us all 12-years-old again.