Xeodrifter, the next title from developer Renegade Kid, now has an official release date on the Nintendo 3DS. This title that was only recently revealed has been listed for release on the 3DS eShop on Dec. 11th, 2014.
Yes. Next week.
The Metroidvania style platformer will sell for $9.99, and the developer promises “the story of an interstellar drifter traveling the stars on a simple mission of exploration.” Awesome. Everything I’ve seen and read about this game has been solid so far.
Renegade Kid’s Jools Watsham ran down a list of game features in the post announcing the Dec. 11th release date.
- Classic 2D platforming, shooting, and exploration gameplay.
- Unlock legendary power-ups and gain access to new areas.
- Epic boss encounters that test your skills.
- Collect upgrades to extend your health and equip custom gun enhancements.
- Navigate your ship between neighboring planets.
- Seek out special blocks, hidden pathways, and more to reveal useful secrets.
Sounds exactly like the type of thing we’d nerd out about here at TechnoBuffalo, doesn’t it?
We’ll have more on Xeodrifter, including a review that will likely come post-release, as we have it. Stay tuned.