It looks like 343 Industries has been hard at work over the last few days. The studio posted a massive update overnight regarding the incoming Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch that’s set to drop this afternoon/evening.
They address a lot in the update, and you can read the full text in the source link below, but I’ve grabbed some highlights.
- Addressed a number of issues that resulted in extended matchmaking times and low matchmaking success rates.
- Made a number of updates to how matchmaking progress is communicated to the player. With this update, you’ll see better, more frequent and more informative status updates throughout the matchmaking flow – so “Players Found” for example, will be displayed to let players know where they are in the matchmaking process instead of simply wondering if it’s going to connect.
- Made an update to ensure that parties stick together when returning from the post-game carnage report
- Improved roster / matchmaking lobby stability
- Made updates to the attainability of various achievements, including “Goat Roped,” “Monopolized,” “You’re Joking,” and “Devastating.”
- Improved Halo: CE career stat tracking
- Resolved scoring and time HUD reset and display issues
Again, that’s just a slice. The updates spread to every single game within the collection, too. I’m not sure if this will make matchmaking fully playable and enjoyable, but hopefully it will help. The game still doesn’t work 100% of the time when it comes to multiplayer.
Good thing there’s a ton of campaign to fool with, right? These launches have been horrendous this fall, haven’t they?