Black Friday is always a big shopping day and, this year, Walmart’s sales actually kick off Thursday morning, on Thanksgiving, where you’ll be able to expect savings online. Then, later in the day, starting at 6:00 p.m. local time on Thursday evening, you’ll be able to take advantage of similar savings in Walmart retail stores. The firm reached out this morning with a list of highlights you can expect.
If you’re looking for a TV, you might want to consider a deal on a 50-inch “class” 1080p LED HDTV for just $218, one of the lowest prices we’ve seen for a TV that size. Additionally, Walmart will sell a 65-inch Vizio Smart HDTV for $648, a 32-inch 720p HDTV for $98, the Xbox One Halo: The Master Chief Collection Bundle with a $30 Gift Card for $329, the Beats By Dr. Dre Pill speaker for $99.95, the Canon Rebel T5i DSLR Camera with two lenses for $699, and an HP Intel Celeron Touch laptop for $249.
If you’re chasing a new tablet, Walmart will sell the first generation iPad Air with 16GB of storage and a $100 Walmart Gift Card for $397, the Nabi 2 Nickelodeon Edition Wi-Fi Kids Tablet for $99, the original iPad mini with 16GB of storage and Wi-Fi for $199 with a $30 Walmart Gift Card, and a 7-inch RCA tablet for $29.
There are also Black Friday deals from Target and Best Buy, which we’ve already covered, but Walmart is guaranteeing 1-hour supply for its products. Simply bring your 1-hour guarantee ticket to the checkout lane when you’re ready to pay for the item, or you can also visit Walmart’s site before midnight on Dec. 1 with your receipt to pick up the product in-store before Christmas.
The “New Black Friday” Exclusively at Walmart
Retailer offers five days of deals for customers across its digital and physical aisles
BENTONVILLE, Ark. – Nov. 12, 2014 – Walmart today announced the “New Black Friday,” taking the hottest shopping day of the season to the next level. Days – not hours – of deep discounts on the hottest gifts kick off online Thanksgiving morning and lead right into the store’s first event at 6 p.m. The retailer’s “New Black Friday” playbook for 2014 includes five key elements:
- · Five days of deals with tailored events;
- · More deals than ever – online and in stores on the hot brands and licenses such as Apple, Samsung, Beats by Dr. Dre, “Frozen,” and “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles;”
- · The return of its industry exclusive 1-Hour Guarantee;
- · Its first-ever interactive circular; and
- · Store-specific plans to help manage crowds and make the shopping experience easier.
“Black Friday is no longer about waking up at the crack of dawn to stand in long lines and hope for the best. At Walmart, it has become a family shopping tradition where everyone shops at some point throughout the weekend,” said Duncan Mac Naughton, chief merchandising officer, Walmart U.S. “This year, we’re blowing it out with five days of deals in store and online. We’ll have crazy low prices on the gifts our customers want.”
Walmart served 22 million customers on Thanksgiving Day in 2013. With this year’s Black Friday deals beginning Thursday and lasting through Monday, Walmart is predicting that more families – adults and kids – will flock to its digital and physical aisles to take advantage of the retailer’s low prices on electronics, toys, kitchen appliances, bedding and thousands of other popular products.
Compared to 2013, Walmart has lowered the prices on popular Black Friday items. For example, last year a Vizio 60” Smart TV sold for $688. This year a 65” Vizio Smart TV will be available for $648 as part of Walmart’s 1-Hour Guarantee. The Xbox One, available last year for $499, will be sold this year as a bundle for $329 with a $30 Walmart Gift Card and is another 1-Hour Guarantee item. The retailer has also increased Black Friday inventory in every category. For example, Walmart has tripled the amount of PlayStation 4 and other gaming consoles available and is offering 30 percent more smartphones, mobile accessories and other wireless offerings.
1-Hour Guarantee – An Exclusive Offer for Walmart Customers
For the third year, Walmart is using its logistics expertise to deliver huge quantities of the hottest gifts with its exclusive 1-Hour Guarantee. Customers in the designated areas of the store between 6 and 7 p.m. on Nov. 27 can purchase the gift they want and either take it home that night or receive it at a store before Christmas. The 1-Hour Guarantee is for the following items:
- · 50” Class LED HDTV for $218 ($180 savings)
- · Vizio 65” Class Smart LED HDTV for $648 ($350 savings)
- · Apple iPad Mini 16GB with Wi-Fi for $199 with a $30 Walmart Gift Card ($70 value)
- · Xbox One Halo “The Master Chief Collection” Bundle for $329 with a $30 Walmart Gift Card
- · RCA 7” Google Play Wi-Fi Tablet for $29 (special buy)
- · Samsung Galaxy Ace Style on Straight Talk Wireless for $29 ($100 savings)
- · LG Blu-ray Disc Player for $35 (special buy)
- · Beats by Dr. Dre Wireless Headphones for $149 ($130 savings)
- · HP Intel Celeron Touch Laptop for $249 (special buy)
“We’re using our entire supply chain to deliver for our customers in a way no other retailer can,” said Mac Naughton. “Our guarantee ensures our customers get the product they came for and enables us to organize the store in a way that makes the shopping experience better for everyone.”
After listening to customers who used Walmart’s 1-Hour Guarantee last year, the retailer has simplified the registration and pick-up process for those that do not receive the product during the event. This year, customers will be asked to take the following steps:
- · Bring their 1-Hour Guarantee ticket to the checkout lane and pay for the item.
- · Visit Walmart.com before 12:59 p.m. ET Dec. 1 to enter the transaction code from the receipt and choose the store to pick up the item before Christmas.
- · Provide the receipt when it’s time to pick up the item. Any corresponding Walmart Gift Cards will be given to the customer at this time.