If developer Volition has proven anything with its recent string of Saints Row games, it’s that they have a penchant for crafting original and memorable weaponry to lay waste to bad guys. Think about the Dubstep gun, for instance. Good stuff.
Well, in Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, players will have access to seven new weapons that further bring the virtual pain and hilarity. Given the theme of the title, the weapons have received the aptly dubbing “Seven Deadly Weapons.” Get it. Hell, weapons, sins, right.
The trailer above shows them in action, but the press release includes some details regarding how each of the seven works. And, yes, they are tied to sins.
The Seven Deadly Weapon Featured In Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
- Armchair-A-Geddon – (The embodiment of Sloth in the rifle slot) Take a seat and watch the mayhem explode with dual-miniguns and heat-seeking missiles.
- Gallows Dodger – (The embodiment of Pride in the pistol slot) Hurl arcane balls of energy from this mysterious embodiment of murder, which doesn’t hesitate to boast of his murderous history.
- Last Supper – (The embodiment of Gluttony in the special weapons slot) Cover your enemies with hell-ish frosting and watch how hunger takes over the masses!
- Uriels Edge – (The embodiment of Envy in the melee slot) Slash, blast and disintegrate your enemies in a deadly ball of fire.
- Ark of the Covenant – (The embodiment of Wrath in the explosive slot) Suck in the souls from your enemies and then launch them at the rest. It’s a win-win.
- Boom Chicka – (The embodiment of Lust in the shotgun slot) Nothing says come hither more than Boom Chicka, the sexiest gun in existence.
- Diamond Sting – (The embodiment of Greed in the SMG slot) This weapon propels wages at an incredible rate of fire, turning victims into a shower of wealth.
Pretty cool, right? I’m a big fan of Armchair-A-Geddon and the Boom Chicka.
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell will sell for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms on January 20th, 2015. You can get it and the new gen port of Saints Row IV as a bundle for $49.99, or you can buy Gat out of Hell as standalone DLC for $19.99.