Microsoft and 343 Industries have announced a follow-up to Halo: Spartan Assault. It’s called Halo: Spartan Strike, it’s a twin stick shooter bound for Windows 8 devices through the Windows Store and Steam on PC.
The brand new game was announced with a trailer, a release date and the currently planned price. You’ll be able to get Halo: Spartan Strike beginning on Dec. 12, 2014, and it’ll sell for $5.99 on all platforms.
The Xbox Wire listed some features for the game with their announcement. Here’s how that reads.
Some of the key features included in Halo: Spartan Strike are:
- Crush your enemies using the iconic Warthog jeep, or sweep them from the battlefield using the all-new Kestrel VTOL.
- Use all-new weapons (Suppressor, Scatter Shot, Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon) and armor abilities (Proximity Mine, Bubble Shield, Teleport, Shock Chain and Airstrike) to dominate on the battlefield.
- Face off against new Promethean enemies; deadly mechanical warriors who seek mankind’s annihilation.
- Experience an all-new story that will take you from New Mombasa on Earth to the enigmatic Gamma Halo located at the edge of charted space.
- Take control! For this top-down shooter, you can choose between keyboard and mouse, USB Xbox controller, or touch-based virtual joystick.
- Earn achievements in Halo: Spartan Strike to unlock an exclusive emblem, nameplate, and avatar in Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One (sold separately). 2
We’ll have more on Halo: Spartan Strike as we have it.