In an effort to keep up with the incredible momentum of Marvel Studios, Warner Bros. announced an incredible new lineup of films set to come out over the next six years. Among them is the first two Justice League movies, along with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, the Harry Potter spinoff, which is being split up into a trilogy. If you’re a big science fiction/comic fan, the next several years should be some of the best the industry has ever seen.
Considering the lineup Marvel has coming out over the next several years (Avengers 2, Avengers 3, Captain America 3, Ant Man, Thor 3 and more), Warner Bros. is obviously doing its best to bring fans what they want. We’ve seen some cool DC Comics movies come out, but the variety hasn’t really been there and, let’s face it, Marvel has had everyone’s number, culminating in Guardians of the Galaxy in August.
You can see the full list of movies scheduled to come out below.There isn’t anything slated to come out in the immediate future, though things should get kicked off in 2016 when Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice hits theaters on March 25. After that, 3- to 4 movies will be put out each year, including a standalone Wonder Woman film, The Flash, Aquaman and Shazam. It’s going to be an incredible next few years.
Note that among the movies listed, The Lego Batman Movie has indeed been given priority over The Lego Movie 2.
- Lego’s “Ninjago,” (2016) Charlie Bean directs.
- “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
- “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” (2016) David Yates directs with JK Rowling making her screenwriting debut.
- “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
- “The Lego Batman Movie” (2017) Chris McKay directs.
- “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams confirmed to reprise their roles (2017)
- “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2” (2018)
- “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
- “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
- “The Lego Movie 2″ (2018)
- “Shazam,” with Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam (2019)
- “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
- “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
- “Green Lantern” (2020)
- “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3” (2020)