Get ready, get set, get angry: In a hot fix set to go live today, Bungie is lowering the effectiveness of Destiny‘s auto rifle and dropping a metaphorical boulder over yet another so-called “loot cave.”
They’ll also be bumping up the effectiveness of scout rifles, as well as the accuracy of hand cannons.
Here are the hot fix notes:
- Base Damage decreased by 2%
- Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
- Stability decreased by 4% – 17% (driven by stat value)
- In-air accuracy now increased
- Base damage increased by 6%
- Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% – 25% (based on tier)
- Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
- Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
- Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
- The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
Regarding the loot cave, the notes say that “the Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan.”
UPDATE: According to Bungie’s official @BungieHelp Twitter account, the update “will require some users to reinstall the game again on their console.” The tweet doesn’t specifically mention redownloading the game, but it’s fair to assume that digital owners might have to re-download the 20-plus gigabyte game to load this patch. The tweet doesn’t specify whether this affects disc owners only or whether digital are affected as well. If you’re still playing Destiny regularly, give it some extra time before you log in, just in case.