The Nintendo 3DS’ 9.0.0-20U firmware update, aka.” the one that lets you set background themes for your menu screen,” is rolling out to North American customers today. Nintendo has updated its official website with information on the patch, and you should be getting it delivered directly to your device very shortly.
Changes to the HOME Menu:
- Users can now use themes to customize the design and sounds of the HOME Menu
- Five themes are pre-installed and additional themes can be purchased from the Theme Shop
- Themes can be changed by using settings located within the HOME Menu Settings
- A feature has been added that allows users to capture screenshots of their HOME Menu
Changes to the Nintendo eShop:
- The Title Information page has been updated to provide easier access to any available videos, demos, user reviews, and other information
Improvements to system stability and usability:
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
Which theme do you think you’ll be using? That A Link Between Worlds one is a little too radical to say no to, don’t you think? You can find me on the eShop nabbing that the very second I get my update.