Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor has been somewhat of a dark horse this year, hasn’t it? The game rode in on minor waves of excitement, and then it was met with overwhelmingly positive critic reviews. Now, it launches today.
As such, Monolith and Warner Bros. have released two brand new trailers for the game. The first is the launch trailer, which you’ll see at the head of this post. The second, which lies below, focuses specifically on the (dreaded) season pass for the game.
Here’s exactly what the season pass will offer gamers for $25.
Exclusive ‘Guardians of the Flaming Eye’ Orc Warband mission
- Players will face Sauron’s elite Defenders before the Black Gate and earn the Rising Flame rune.
Early access to the ‘Trials of War’ challenge series
- Players will test their skills against select legions of Sauron’s forces in this series of challenge modes and build their legend as gamers post their best score on the Challenge Leaderboard.
All new story missions with hours of gameplay
- Lord of the Hunt – Hunt the wild beasts of Mordor as player’s discover hidden lairs, earn unique runes, and face off against powerful monsters.
- The Bright Lord – Play as Celebrimbor, the great Elven smith of the Second Age, and battle against Sauron and the might of his forces.
Access to future content
- Including runes, skins, and additional future add-on content.
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor is available now for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC platforms. It will hit the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on Nov. 18. Stay tuned for more on this game, including our review.