“Not much. What’s new with you, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 REmix,” I reply, and I get slapped with this new trailer for the latest remake in the popular Disney/Final Fantasy mash-up franchise.
Square Enix has provided a brief update on what we can expect from the incoming package. You’ll get two full games, Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, completely overhauled in HD graphics and the cinematic HD scenes pulled straight from the Nintendo DS game Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded. More information is available in a bullet point presentation as well.
Kingdom Hearts II
- A remastered soundtrack has been completely overhauled by an orchestra to provide a richer and more beautiful experience. More than 90 of the music tracks have been remastered.
- A secret movie that leads in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
- New gummi ship missions
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
- New action and support abilities
- New deck commands and a command style — “Rhythmic Mixer”
- New items!
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
- Cinematic cutscenes based off of your favorite battles, including — Data Sora vs. Data Riku
As I’ve said before, the Kingdom Hearts timeline is just too complicated and impenetrable for me at this point in my life. I mean, Data Sora and Data Riku? No thank you. I’m more than happy to play through the HD main games again in preparation for Kingdom Hearts III, but I think I’ll just fill in the details and other references with a quick glance at Wikipedia or something.
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 REmix will be released for the PlayStation 3 on Dec. 2.