Amazon UK put together a nice chart that shows the top 10 pre-order gains from its gaming department in the wake of Gamescom 2014. The idea here, of course, is that these games each produced enough hype and positive press to see a bump in activity.
The news from the chart? A Wii U game saw the biggest percentage increase.
Here’s the chart of games and their percent increase. It comes by way of MCVUK, though it originates with Amazon. We’ve bolded the games that are bound for Wii U.
1. Project CARS (Slightly Mad Studios) 42.3 per cent increase
2. Rise of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix) 30.25 per cent increase
3. Bloodborne (Sony) 16.08 per cent increase
4. Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo) 11.77 per cent increase
5. Quantum Break (Microsoft) 10.77 per cent increase
6. Far Cry 4 (Ubisoft) 9.53 per cent increase
7. Assassin’s Creed Unity (Ubisoft) 9.44 per cent increase
8. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Warner Bros) 9.03 per cent increase
9. Battlefield: Hardline (EA) 8.81 per cent increase
10. Super Smash Bros for 3DS (Nintendo) 7.56 per cent increase
Alright, how about the argument you should be making right now?
The Wii U games were likely pre-ordered least out of those in the pack before Gamescom, so any increase on them should be huge in terms of percent. Yes, that’s completely true, but Nintendo showed up to Gamescom 2014 as the only console maker without a presser.
These pre-order jumps happened with the show floor presence and word of mouth alone. That, too, is sort of crazy.
What games are you most hyped to play following Gamescom 2014?