Fox has released a second trailer for the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past, and it definitely ups the action and drama we can expect from the film.
The fifth X-Men film – not counting the Wolverine films as they are a sub-series – is set to hit theaters in just about two months, and with that milestone comes a new trailer for the film that looks to star every mutant under the sun. Just some of the mutants you can see in this trailer include:
- James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier (young)
- Michael Fassbender as Magneto (young)
- Sir Patrick Stewart as Professor Charles Xavier (old)
- Sir Ian McKellen as Magneto (old)
- Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine
- Halle Berry as Ororo Munroe/Storm
- Daniel Cudmore as Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin/Colossus
- Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme/Mystique
- Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat
- Shawn Ashmore as Bobby Drake/Iceman
- Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy/Beast
- Lucas Till as Alex Summers/Havok
- Evan Peters as Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver
- Fan Bingbing as Blink
- Omar Sy as Bishop
For those of you unfamiliar with the famous comic storyline from Uncanny X-Men issues 141 and 142 published in 1981, mankind has created giant robots known as Sentinels to hunt them down and either capture them to put them in to camps, or kill them. As the X-Men turn in to rebels in the dystopian future of a world ravaged by this war, a plan is put into motion to send the mind of one of the mutants back into their body in the past to try to prevent this from even beginning. In the comics it was Kitty Pryde, but in the movie it will be fan favorite Wolverine.
X-Men: Days of Future Past hits theaters on May 23.