Samsung’s Galaxy Gifts Package is a suite of software and services worth more than $600 that will be included with every purchase of the Galaxy S5. The company already detailed a bit of what to expect when it announced the Galaxy S5, but now we have a nice clean list that shows exactly what you’ll get with each purchase. “We are continually looking for the best partners to help us expand and enhance the mobile experience for our dedicated users,” CEO and president of Samsung Electronics Mobile JK Shin said. “These new partnerships perfectly compliment this mission with a comprehensive offering of some of the world’s best mobile resources to suit people’s active lives.”
As we discussed previously, you can expect:
- RunKeeper – 1 free year of service
- MapMyFitness – 6 months of premium service for free
- Skimble – 6 months of premium service for free
- Lark – 1 year of premium service
- Paypal – $50 voucher to use with Paypal merchants.
- The Wall Street Journal – free six month subscription
- Bloomberg Businessweek+ – free 12 month subscription
- LinkedIn – 3 months of free premium account access
- Cut the Rope 2 – $10 of in-game credit
- Flick Dat – Free download of any $2 paid app
- Box – 50GB of free storage for six months
- Dropbox – 50GB of free storage for two years
- Bitcasa – 1TB of free storage for 3 months
- Blurb – $5 coupon
- EasilyDo Pro – 6 months of service free.
- Evernote – Three to 12 months of free service depending on the country you live in.
A business user might be more interested in the deals on The Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg, while a graphic designer might prefer the free storage. We’re not quite sure why Samsung has three deals for storage, either – but at least you can try them all and pick the one that you like the most. Sometimes these “freebies” are viewed as bloatware and we can see them taking up a decent amount of available space on the Galaxy S5 – you should be able to uninstall them, however.