Hulu announced today that it is launching a major redesign of its service for those of you that subscribe to Hulu Plus and use it on your TVs.
Samsung Smart TVs (2012 & 2013 models), select Blu-ray players and Roku users are in for a treat when it comes time to fire up the Hulu Plus app now. The company announced today that it has significantly redesigned its app with the following features.
- Artwork. Larger and more vivid artwork, easier navigation.
- Trays. Tray-style format allowing you to scroll through recommendations, popular shows and movies, top 100 clips, movie trailers and a new “Shows You Watch” feature that lets you jump straight to the latest episodes of the shows you regularly watch.
- Search. Updated search experience providing a simpler way to find content with results that appear directly beneath the search.
- Controls. Playback is simplified with clean and intuitive controls: press up or down to display the playback menu, or left or right to fast-forward or rewind.
- Hulu Kids. Brings Hulu Kids section to the living room, letting your family enjoy commercial-free children’s shows from your couch.
- Easy Access. Simple to sign up for Hulu Plus directly from within the app.
Those of you who enjoy the service on the Wii gaming console need not fret, the new experience will be coming to you soon as well.