Google Glass is now receiving an over-the-air update called XE5 that fixes a number of known issues. Anyone who purchased the Explorer Edition of Google Glass should receive a notification to install the update, and you’ll need to make sure your device is plugged in first.
Here’s the changelog according to Phandroid:
- Change to sync policy: require power + Wi-Fi for background uploads
- Crash reporting
- Incoming G+ notifications (direct shares, comments, +mentions), including ability to comment and +1
- Incoming Hangout notifications
- Transcription of queries & messages is now wicked-fast
- Long-press to search from anywhere in the UI (no longer just from off)
- International number dialing + SMS
- Hop animation on disallowed swipes in the UI
- New On-Head Detection calibration flow
- Show device Serial Number on Device Info card
- More reliable estimation of battery charge remaining
- New recipient-list mosaic
We wonder if customers who have not yet received Glass will have the XE5 software update installed before delivery.