Ooma has been lowering phone bills for residential customers for some time now, but it’s time to give some of that same love to small businesess.
Announced at CES in Las Vegas, Ooma is showcasing a new product called Ooma Office that is aimed squarely at small businesses with up to 10 employees. The new system will not only give you the same superior Ooma voice service you know and love, but it will also allow you to add up to 10 lines, transfer calls by extension, use a virtual receptionist and even transfer calls to other parts of the country without the caller being any the wiser.
The new service will run $19.99 per line, but seeing as the average small business already pays over $100 a month, a lot can be done with this while still coming at a cheaper fee.
Look for Ooma Office to be released in the second quarter of 2013.
OOMA® TO PROVIDE SMALL BUSINESSES WITH AFFORDABLE BIG BUSINESS PHONE SOLUTION
Ooma Office Delivers Advanced Features Typically Found in Far More Expensive Solutions
PALO ALTO, Calif. — January 8, 2013 — Ooma, Inc., the leader in smart home and business communication systems, today announced the launch of Ooma Office, its first product specifically designed to address the needs of small businesses. Ooma Office, shipping Q2 2013, delivers a big business phone service to small businesses with advanced features and service quality typically found in far more expensive options.
“We believe that the size of a business should not determine phone service quality and features. Ooma Office will help small businesses save money and time while presenting themselves in the most professional way,” said Eric Stang, Chief Executive Officer, Ooma, Inc. “We’re proud to bring our consumer track record of crystal-clear voice quality and the utmost reliability to the small business community.”
Today, small businesses spend upwards of $100 a month for each line of phone service. In contrast, Ooma Office costs just $19.99 per line each month for unlimited calling in the U.S. and Canada.
Ooma Office helps small businesses communicate more effectively through features that inspire confidence and professionalism. Key features of Ooma Office include:
- Virtual Receptionist: Automatically greets and directs incoming calls and answers differently during business and non-business hours
- Big Business Feature Set: Provides all business necessities including extension dialing, music-on-hold, ring groups, conference bridges, virtual numbers and many other features
- Wireless Workplace: Ooma Linx remote phone jacks utilize DECT 6.0 technology to allow easy installation and a wire-free workplace
- Unparalleled Voice Quality: HD Voice technology delivers crystal-clear calls
- Easy Line Expansion: Capable of hosting up to 10 lines and five phone extensions
- Compatibility: Works with analog telephones (no expensive SIP phones needed) and fax machines. Small business owners can also choose to use their existing phone number or select a new phone number at no extra charge
- 24/7 Customer Support: Easy do-it-yourself setup backed with 24/7 support
Most valuable to many small businesses is keeping remote workers connected to the office. According to Forrester Research, 95 percent of very small businesses (VSBs) have mobile employees and only half of VSBs operate from a single office[i]. Ooma Office keeps mobile workers connected with up to 15 virtual extensions, routed to external numbers, allowing them to service customers whenever and wherever. The Ooma Office online interface also allows remote access to settings (like the virtual receptionist) to keep your business running smoothly from just about anywhere.
The Ooma Office starter pack has a MSRP of $249.99 and includes the Ooma Office Base Station and two Ooma Linx remote phone jacks to support up to three phone extensions. The Ooma Office starter pack is expandable to five phone extensions with the purchase of additional Ooma Linx devices. For more information, visit www.ooma.com. www.ooma.com