When Apple released its dedicated Podcasts app for iOS back in June, it quickly rocketed to the top of the App Store’s free chart, and got a whole lot of praise from users and reviewers. But it came with an unusually high (at least for Apple) number of bugs and problems.
Apple has now addressed several of those with a new Podcasts update, which promises to improve performance and stability. Version 1.0.1 of the app can be downloaded from the App Store now, and it comes with the following changes:
- Significant improvements to performance and stability
- Podcasts in your library now show the number of unplayed episodes
- Top Stations now show the podcast title if artwork is missing
- Playback speed is now remembered when playing the next episode
- Fix for a problem where the Subscribe button is inactive
- Resolution of an issue where Top Stations artwork may not appear
If you’ve used the Podcasts app at all since its release last month, you’ve probably experienced at least two or three of these issues.
However, thanks to this update, Podcasts is almost perfect — at least as far as I can tell. It certainly feels significantly more stable than it did before I updated.
App Store link: Podcasts