Two days ago, the owner of an international version of Samsung’s Galaxy S III claimed that his or her unit caught fire while it was plugged into a car dock. Now, Samsung says it has opened an investigation into the issue. Good thing, too, since AT&T’s model is currently my favorite smartphone on the market and is currently sitting in my pocket. “There have been recent online posts displaying pictures of a Samsung Galaxy S III that appears to have heat-related damage at the bottom of the device,” Samsung said in a blog post. “Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question. Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously.” We’ll keep you updated with any future statements from Samsung on the matter.