We often use Netflix on our mobile devices but its no secret the application has a few flaws — it can be sluggish and it’s hard to skip forward to an exact scene in a movie or TV show. The company addressed several issues and launched a number of new enhancements in an update for iOS devices Thursday. As Netflix explains, the changes are as follows:
- A look and feel more consistent with the Netflix browse experience in our mobile applications.
- Larger, more separated play controls appropriate for how people use these devices.
- Better exploration during video play with thumbnail images on the scrub bar.
- Easy access for audio/subtitles settings and other existing player features.
- Easier “do not share” capability directly in the player for Facebook-connected members.