One of the little things that has always bugged me about my Apple TV is that I have to watch movie and TV show previews in standard definition. Admittedly it’s not a major issue, but if I can buy and watch the whole show in 1080p, why can’t its preview be in HD?
Well, now it can — thanks to Apple’s latest Apple TV update. Released last night, version 5.0.1 of the Apple TV’s software finally introduces HD previews for movies and TV shows, in addition to a number of bug fixes that promise to improve the reliability of Home Sharing, address an issue with Netflix logins, and fix an issue with AirPlay.
The complete list of changes for this update includes:
- Previews for movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store can now be viewed in HD.
- Fixes an issue that caused some iOS apps to have trouble connecting via AirPlay.
- Improves the reliability of Home Sharing connections.
- Addresses an issue affecting Netflix login and navigation.
- Includes fixes for issues affecting stability and performance.
To install the update, simply navigate to your Apple TV’s Settings menu, then find the Software Update option under the ‘General’ tab. Of course, you’ll need to ensure your device is connected to the Internet to download the release.
Are you pleased that the Apple TV finally has HD previews?
[via Cult of Mac]