Even with Samsung’s Galaxy S III arriving later this month, HTC’s much lauded One X is still the apple of TechnoBuffalo’s eye. So forgive us for gushing, but we’re falling that much more smitten now that we’ve gotten our hands-on the EVO 4G LTE here at CTIA. HTC said the device, which is set to hit Sprint on May 18, has been set apart from AT&T’s iteration with a more focused design, camera and sound — and a kickstand!
Right away, we can sincerely say that the design and build quality is phenomenal; it feels solid and looks every bit like a premium device, despite the top half of the back being a glossy plastic. The camera was quick, and the dedicated shooter button was super convenient for accessing camera functionality. With blast image capture, the EVO 4G LTE can snap four shots a second, which to our eyes looks great (see below).
Overall, the device was great. The screen offered decent visibility under direct sunlight, and the build quality was fantastic. Taking pictures was a painless experience, as the camera was constantly auto-focusing to capture the best shot — half-pressing the camera button also focused as well. This was just our super quick impressions of the device. Once we get a more in-depth look at the EVO 4G we’ll be sure to hit you with our impressions. So far, this is looking like a no-brainer for Sprint customers.
HTC EVO 4G LTE Specs:
- Release Date: Friday, May 18 on Sprint for $199.99 with two-year contract
- Display: 4.7-inch HD Super LCD with Gorilla Glass
- OS: Android 4.0 ICS with Sense 4
- Processor: 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB, expandable with MicroSD
- Cameras: 8-megapixel rear, smart LED, HTC Image Chip, 1080p HD recording; 1.3 front, 720p recording
- Dimensions: 5.3×2.7×0.35-inch
- Weight: 4.7oz
- Extras: Dual-directional kickstand, Dropbox integration (25GB free for 2 years), Beats by Dre, HD Voice and NFC