Verizon’s most recent members of the venerable Motorola Droid line — Razr, Razr Maxx and Droid 4 — will soon be recipients of over-the-air maintenance updates. Verizon on Wednesday changed its product pages to reflect the impending improvements, which promise to introduce a number of enhancements and bug fixes, including better stability, a fix to the 4G indicator for both Razrs and enhanced battery life and Wi-Fi connectivity for the Droid 4. While it’s not as groundbreaking as receiving Ice Cream Sandwich — that release data is still unknown — a little upkeep from Motorola is always welcome. The updates will be pushed out “soon,” Verizon said, so be on the lookout. In the meantime, check out the full change log for each device below.
Motorola DROID RAZR, DROID RAZR MAXX
- Improved device stability.
- Optimized device performance to extend battery life.
- Added easy access to preloaded VZW bookmarks through quick key access.
- Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth.®
- Enhanced device security preventing unauthorized access of telephony database by third parties.
- Device is now updated with IPv6.
- As new Internet addresses are introduced, you will be able to continue to browse and view web pages with this latest Internet enhancement.
- 4G coverage indicator accurately displays data connectivity.
- Improved Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity when utilizing WPS security.
Email, Messaging & Data:
- Improved text message delivery.
Applications & Widgets:
- Improved Visual Voice Mail performance with data disabled and visual voicemail notification delivery.
- Enhanced security in Verizon Apps.
- Included a new MotoCast widget to enable easier access and discoverability of MotoCast services.
- Modified the storage settings screen to make it easier to understand total storage versus available storage.
- Implemented a number of MotoCast performance improvements.
Motorola DROID 4
- Enhanced loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth.®
- Power On function has been fixed.
- Improved battery life.
- Improvements made to reduce touch screen lockups, device sluggishness and blank screen lockups.
- Keypad backlight only launches when needed.
Applications & Widgets
- Successfully receive Visual Voice Mail notifications.
- MotoCast™ widget can be added to home screen and thumbnail view.
- Improved text message delivery when using the Messaging application.
- Improvements to Wi-Fi connectivity.