Developer Idea Shower has decided to rebrand its popular content saving app Read it Later by changing the apps name to “Pocket” and dropping its price to free. The decision to change the app’s name was made after the development team realized that people were using the app for more than just saving web pages and were also using it to watch online videos at a later time. Idea Shower has released an update to kick start Pocket’s relaunch, which delivers the following features:
- New name: Read It Later is now Pocket! Use your existing RIL username
- New Content Filter: Automatically filters content so that you can quickly switch between articles, videos and images.
- Clean and simplified viewing experience with fewer toolbars and a redesigned full-screen mode.
- Easier to Organize: Favorite, Tag, Archive, Delete and Bulk Edit
- Available on all major platforms, including Android, Kindle Fire, iOS and a powerful web app.
- Improved syncing, faster downloading, and more
Pocket is available for free from the iTunes App Store and Google Play now and can save content from over 300 different apps, such as Twitter, Pulse, Flipboard and Zite.
[via: Android and Me]