The list of Google April Fools jokes this year is a mighty long one that seems to have hit every category this year.
Google kicked things off yesterday with the 8-bit redo of Google Maps, and now there are jokes popping up everywhere. I don’t know about you, but I am totally ordering the YouTube collection above. I wonder if our own Jon Rettinger has his own box in the cataloging system.
Google is totally bringing back Morse Code with Gmail Tap … I could totally use this.
A new tool for Google Apps called Jargon could finally make some of the emails you get at work make a bit more sense.
All that talk about the Google Fiber product may have been a bit misleading.
Chrome Multitask … my parents so need this as I get tired of hearing them ask each other when they can have their turn.
This one was actually “announced” by NASCAR, so it might be more of their joke than Google’s, but who cares? Still funny!
Not every joke got a video, so you can go check out the following:
- Google Really Advanced Search that includes queries such as “calque or loanword origin.”
- Click-to-Teleport Extensions for Chrome will allow you to teleport to a business you find search results. Do keep in mind it’s in beta, and as Google says, “Google will not be held responsible for any teleporting related injuries, unexpected time travel or any other teleporting risks, such as those demonstrated in The Fly.”
- Google Australia is launching the Google Street Roo project where they strap Street View cameras to the heads of kangaroos.
- Interplanetary Reporting Comes To Google Analytics … I’ve always wondered how many of the residents of Jupiter’s moon Io read our posts.
- Google Voice for Pets will finally ease communications for our little furry friends.
- Ever wondered why more websites aren’t optimized for rotary phones? GoRo is here to help.