Mojang is moving ahead with a 1.2.4 update for Minecraft and may release it as soon as this Thursday.
According to Jeb of Mojang, a lot of bug fixes are on their way courtesy of the guys from Bukkit who have now joined the team officially. For those of you unfamiliar with Bukkit, it’s the third-party platform that was developed to control plugins on multiplayer servers. Mojang finally decided a few months ago it was best to bring them into the company so that they could work hand-in-hand.
According to the Minecraft Wiki, some of the bug fixes we can expect courtesy of the Bukkit team include:
- Fixed godmode exploit
- Limit framerate on menu screens, no longer uses 100% CPU
- Fixed fatal crash for converted worlds to anvil, when there’s blocks at max height
- Fixed an old bug with signs clearing text while you’re editing them in SMP
- Fixed incorrectly swapped en_GB and en_CA language details
- Fixed crash when logging in while there are blocks at maxheight at spawn
- Fixed TNT ghosts in multiplayer
- Fixed storage minecarts dropping enchanted items
- Fixed crashes on invalid server addresses when joining a server
- Fixed entities being uninteractable if they existed at login (Multiplayer)
- Fixed dupe exploit with paintings
- Fixed furnaces and dispensers dropping enchanted items
- Fixed the “flickering” of chat as it vanishes off the screen
- Fixed text rendering over items in the container screens
- Fixed exploit with jungle saplings (turns other saplings into jungle ones)
- Fixed launcher opening minecraft dir if the path contains a space
- Fixed an off-by-one lighting bug
- Fixed block transmuting (turning one block into another via pistons)
- Fixed placing mushrooms in daylight, where they can’t survive
- Fixed redstone lamps dropping powered block items when destroyed while on.
- “save-all” (server) now works even when you have toggled “save-off”
- Fixed turning half-blocks into full-blocks while you’re standing on them
- Fixed seed displaying in F3 debug when the seed is unknown (multiplayer)
- Fixed villager texture changing clientside per profession
Even though this is only an incremental update, there will also be some new features:
- “Back” and “Quit” buttons to OutOfMemoryScreen
- Made cats more realistic
- Made placing half blocks on existing half blocks (to make a full block) easier
- Added a “minimal” debug menu for testing with. Shift+F3 to hide the graphs
- Added 2 new Heiroglyphic textures to survival and creative
We’re not sure where Mojang is going with these hieroglyphs, but we’re intrigued.
UPDATE: Minecraft 1.2.4 has been released.
Be sure to check out the official TechnoBuffal Minecraft server at Minecraft.TechnoBuffalo.com