Do you dream in focal lengths, count in aperture values and zoom to and fro? Then you might be the ideal candidate for TechnoBuffalo’s Camera Department Intern position! I’m seeking a diligent, astute individual who possesses a profound knowledge of photography and its industry. You’ll also need to be able to write like the Dickens, but not as stodgy as the Dickens, for Dickens’ sake. Anywho, if you’re a Journalism major in college with a minor in Photography or vice-versa, this position just might be the ticket.
Ideal candidates must possess the following:
- Strong writing skills with the ability to work quickly and accurately
- Vast knowledge of photography
- A keen eye for breaking news
- Adeptness within the World Wide Internet
- A fun, lovable personality
- Located in the Northeast or on the West Coast
Other traits encouraged but not imperative:
- The ability to recite lines from Monty Python’s Flying Circus on command
- A fondness for vintage technology
- Unwavering love for all animals
- Being a diehard New Jersey Devils fan
The Intern will be responsible for:
- Hunting down and writing photography news stories
- Rumor posts
- Eventually reviewing cameras!
Benefits of being the TechnoBuffalo Photography Intern:
- Awesome resume and byline builder
- College credit
- If you’re good enough, we might hire you someday
- The chance to work with Mike Perlman (which really is the top benefit)
Maybe you just need college credit. Maybe you want to expand your horizons. Maybe you have a thing for buffaloes. Whatever the case, email Mike Perlman at mike-at-technobuffalo.com with a writing sample and paragraph explaining why you should be the Photography Intern here at TechnoBuffalo. For the writing sample, please submit a current news story, how-to feature or review penned by you. You can even make a camera up–I just want to see how well you write and what level your camera knowledge is at. Sample shots of your own photography will help too. Good luck!