The Samsung Galaxy S II has officially launched on the U.S. Cellular network.
Announced just a few weeks ago, the extremely popular Samsung Galaxy S II has now been officially released by the nation’s sixth largest wireless carrier. It’s available online today, and beginning March 1 in the carrier’s retail stores. It is priced at $229.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate.
While it’s great to see this phone making it to so many carriers, we do have to say this one does appear to come with a heck of a lot of bloatware. Amongst the listed pre-installed apps? Zappos. Yeah, we’re puzzled by that one as well. Just in case you need to buy shoes the moment you activate this phone?
U.S. Cellular Samsung Galaxy S II Tech Specs
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 4.52″ Super AMOLED Plus Touchscreen
- 1.2 GHz Dual Core Processor
- 8 MP Camera with LED Flash
- Wi-Fi Capable
- 3G Capable
- 2 MP Front-facing Camera
- Full HTML Browser with Adobe Flash support
- 16GB of Internal Memory
- E911 Ready
- 3G CDMA 800/1900MHz EvDo Rev A
- Talk Time: up to 8 hours
- Standby Time: up to 12.5 days
- Battery: 1800mAh Lithium-ion
- Dimensions: 5.11″ x 2.74″ x 0.38″
- Weight: approximately 4.55 ounces
- Hearing Aid Compatibility – M4/T3 Rating