Verizon Wireless announced on Tuesday that it will begin offering the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 on March 1st for $500 with a new two-year contract. Pretty pricey, if you ask us, especially considering it will run the older Android Honeycomb 3.2 operating system. Other features include a 1.4GHz dual-core processor, support for Verizon’s 4G LTE network, a 7.7-inch 1280 x 800-pixel display, a 3.2-megapixel camera, a 2-megapixel camera for video chat and 16GB of storage. Samsung and Verizon will also sell an optional HDTV adapter accessory for streaming media to an HDTV. We love Android, but if you’re waiting for Apple’s iPad 3 instead, the latest rumors suggest that it could be unveiled as early as next week.
World’s Thinnest 4G LTE Tablet on America’s Fastest, Most Reliable 4G Network
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Announced at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 7.7 will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com starting March 1. Movies, pictures and games come to life in high-definition with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7’s Super AMOLED™ Plus touchscreen display. Customers can quickly access the Web, stream music and more at blazingly fast speeds using the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network combined with a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and HTML 5 Web browser.
The Tab 7.7 is a multimedia expert allowing customers to use their tablet as the center of their home entertainment system. The Peel Smart Remote feature eliminates the need for multiple remote controls for televisions, audio players and other home entertainment systems. Customers can make their Tab 7.7 the master controller to find and watch their favorite TV shows, create a favorites list, set program reminders and more. Customers also have the ability to stream media to their compatible TV using the multimedia dock with a built-in HDMI port or the HDTV Adapter (sold separately). The Samsung Media Hub offers a large selection of media to rent or purchase and watch while traveling or plug into a TV to share at a party.
- · 7.7-inch Super AMOLED Plus display (1280×800)
- · Android™ 3.2 Honeycomb – supports Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™ with video chat, Google Search™, Google Maps™, as well as access to Google Books™, movie rentals and more than 400,000 apps on Android Market™
- · 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash, full 720p recording and 1080p playback (1080p playback through HDMI dock or adapter)
- · Front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chat
- · 16 GB on-board storage (actual formatted capacity is less)
- · Support for up to 32 GB microSD™ card
Business professionals can feel secure when working on their Tab 7.7 knowing that it is Samsung Approved for Enterprise (SAFE™). The SAFE certification signifies that the Tab 7.7 is equipped with an exclusive suite of security features that deliver enterprise-friendly capabilities to help safeguard sensitive data and communications, including Mobile Device Management (MDM), on-device Encryption, Virtual Private Network (VPN) and push synchronization of corporate email, calendar and contacts.
The Galaxy Tab 7.7 provides the ideal balance of portability and productivity so business professionals can get the job done. Pair the Tab 7.7 with a keyboard dock and maximize productivity with the QuickOffice® Pro HD application. Customers won’t even notice they left their laptops behind with the ability to create and edit Microsoft® Office documents.
Even traveling business teams can stay connected and productive in remote meeting locations, such as airports, with the 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot capability. The Tab 7.7 lets customers share their 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices simultaneously, enabling leaders to become the team’s Wi-Fi hotspot to rapidly download large presentations and blueprints to review before boarding a flight.
Pricing and availability:
- · Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 will be available March 1 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $499.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- · Customers that purchase a Tab 7.7 will need to subscribe to a 4G LTE mobile broadband data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.