iOS hackers are yet to deliver an unlock for the new iPhone 4S. But thanks to a company called GEVEY, Apple’s latest smartphone can be tricked into accepting any microSIM without the need for jailbreaking first.
GEVEY is famous for its iPhone unlock tools, known as “SIM Interposers,” which have allowed users to unlock their devices for use with any carrier without manually hacking its system software. Its latest product, the GEVEY Ultra S, is the first unlocking solution for the iPhone 4S.
And as the video above demonstrates, it’s incredibly simple to set up. All you need is an iPhone 4S running iOS 5 or iOS 5.0.1, with the baseband version 1.0.11, 1.013, or 1.0.14. Then pop the Ultra S into your device, allow it to perform its magic, and your handset is unlocked. Simple.
Those of you who are familiar with GEVEY’s unlock solutions will know that the company’s previous tools were tricky to use, and often required you to dial an emergency number — which could be considered illegal — to complete the process. But that’s all changed thanks to the improvements made with the Ultra S, which include:
- GEVEY™ True Plug-and-Play Unlocking SIM Interposer
- No Need to Dial International Emergency Number 112
- Untethered Unlock with no Jailbreak Required
- Compatible with all GSM iPhone 4S SIM Cards
- Complete Unlock with all 2G and 3G data services
- No SIM Card Cutting or Physical Modification
- Works on iOS 5.0, 5.0.1
- Works on Baseband 1.0.11, 1.013, 1.0.14
- Guaranteed Better Reception than Previous
- Decreased Power Consumption
The GEVEY Ultra S is currently available to pre-order for shipping between March 3 and March 7. It costs $54.99, which is rather steep, but it really is the only way to unlock an iPhone 4S right now, aside from convincing your carrier to do it for you.
Will you be using the GEVEY Ultra S to unlock your iPhone 4S?