Xbox 360 users will fire up their games today and be greeted with more than just the chance to land the Back to Karkand DLC pack; they’ll also be given an update for the game. The Battlefield Blog has a massive rundown of the changes being pushed out, and they indicate that this patch is very similar to the ones sent to PC and PlayStation 3 users.
The list of changes is enormous, so head to the blog for the full experience. For good measure, we’ve grabbed a few off our favorites to show you here and now.
- Removed the hint “Shoot out the lights.” during SP mission Nightshift
- Grenades now drop to ground if you get killed while attempting to throw it
- You should no longer spawn too close to enemies in TDM and SQDM
- Damage from bullets will now continue to cause damage even after the firing user is dead
- Fixed several Xbox 360 specific crashes and freezes
- Fixed several issues with friend invites and joins
- Reduced the physics impact of AA guns and Jet Cannons, players under attack from these weapons should no longer lose control
- Added round duration and ticket summary at EOR
- Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns, AA guns, and Jet Cannons against infantry
That’s just a tiny smattering of the changes put in place.
If you purchased the Limited Edition of Battlefield 3 and used the code within the box to unlock the game’s multiplayer (if you’re a console gamer, PC gamers need only download the game from Origin), the Back to Karkand DLC pack is free. If not, it will run you $15.00.
Will you be getting this content?
[via The Battlefield Blog]