Apple products were on fire over the Black Friday weekend, and so were Rocketfish’s battery cases – literally. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Health Canada, about 32,000 Rocketfish iPhone 3G/iPhone 3GS cases sold at retailer Best Buy are being recalled due to a fire hazard.
About 14 reports were received by Best Buy and the CPSC complaining that the mobile battery cases were overheating while charging. Three claims included reports of minor burns, and four reported minor property damage.
The CPSC recommended consumers immediately stop using the model in question and contact Best Buy to return the product in exchange for a $70 gift card ($105 in Canada).