Excited to be getting your hands on the world’s thinnest smartphone? Well, the wait is almost over, Buffalo. Starting tomorrow, October 27 at 8 am EST, the DROID RAZR will become available for presale at $299.99 from Verizon with a two-year contract, if you didn’t already know. The real juicy bit is that it should start shipping to customers no later than November 10. Order early, though, because no details have been given on when customers can pick the device up in-store.
The RAZR brand has been an enormous success for Motorola, so the DROID RAZR launch is pretty significant. Can it be resurrected to once again rule the mobile space? It’s hard to predict, especially with the iPhone 4S already selling in the millions and the Galaxy Nexus on the way. One thing is for sure, more competition means higher quality phones for us! You can bet we’re excited.
The DROID RAZR includes a 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED screen, 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 4G LTE enabled, 8 megapixel camera with 1080 HD video recording capabilities and an HD front-facing camera on the front.
Motorola DROID RAZR Specs
- 4.3″ qHD Super AMOLED screen
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor (could be the OMAP that is in the Galaxy Nexus)
- 1GB of RAM
- 4G LTE
- 8MP rear-facing camera, with 1080p HD video capture and image stabilization technology for crisp and clear videos
- HD forward-facing camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi
- 32 GB memory: 16 GB on board and 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed (actual formatted capacity is less)
- Gorilla Glass screen
- Kevlar build materials
- Side lock switch
- 12.5 hours of talk time and 8.9 hours of video playback
Do you plan on picking up a DROID RAZR?