Rockstar Games’ Red Dead Redemption was a huge success. This third person action title set in the wild west had gamers riding, shooting, hunting, slaying and robbing for months beyond its initial release. The title picked up universal acclaim from both professional critics and gamers and went on to have a stellar year of performance in sales.
Rockstar went on to further the games success by releasing multiple rounds of free and paid DLC, and one of the best zombie add-ons to-date with Undead Nightmare.
Now, Rockstar as decided to collect all of the released content from Red Dead‘s catalogue into one package.
Here’s the full rundown of everything included in the Game of the Year edition of Red Dead Redemption.
- Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode;
- Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer* modes;
- Legends and Killers Pack*, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon;
- Liars and Cheats Pack*, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle.
- Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston;
- Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack*, including six co-op missions for up to four players;
- All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack;
- Solomon’s Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360;
- Just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in.
Red Dead Redemption‘s Game of the Year Edition will launch for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on October 11th in North America for $49.99. If you passed on the experience during its first go-around, you may want to consider picking up this package once it drops.
In truth, I would have liked to see this collection listed at $40 or less.