Good morning, BlackBerry fans. RIM has a tasty little treat in store for you this week: the BlackBerry App World 3.0 update. This version introduces a redesigned front-end that aims to make your discovery of applications, games and themes a whole lot easier; plus social sharing, account management, new My World features and more!
Those of you who are Beta Zone members will have been running App World 3.0 for about a month now, so you’ll already be aware of these awesome new features. But for those of you who aren’t, here’s a little breakdown of everything that’s new:
- Redesigned Front-End: As soon as you load up App World 3.0, you’ll notice a whole new look. It’s designed to make finding apps a much nicer experience, and includes a rotating banner up-top that cycles through ‘spotlighted’ apps.
- New Channels: Applications, games, and themes now have their own ‘channel’, allowing you to find what you’re looking for much quicker. No longer do you have to scroll through a whole load of themes to find that app you’re looking for.
- Social Sharing: Found a great new game (on a BlackBerry?! Yeah, right!) that you want to tell all your friends about? Now you can share apps via BlackBerry Messenger, Facebook, Twitter, email and SMS.
- My Account: You can now manage your payment options and BlackBerry ID from directly within App World, with home screen access to your account information.
- New My World Features: As well as telling you which apps you’ve installed (or uninstalled), My World allows you to manage your subscription content and notifies you when new subscription renewals are available.
For more information, and for a sneak peek at App World update, check out the App World page on the BlackBerry website.
App World 3.0 will be available to users running the BlackBerry 5 OS and above, and will be rolled out over the next few days. Pocket-lint reports that some users are already seeing the update, so if you’re one of the lucky ones, let us know what you think.