If you’ve been waiting to pick up a Droid Bionic, tomorrow is your big day. The Android phone is slated to officially go on sale tomorrow, priced at $299.99 with a new 2-year contract.
We’ve known the Droid Bionic’s release date for a little while now. The $299.99 price tag was the real shocker with today’s official announcement. A lapdock (similar to the one available for the Atrix) is also available for the Bionic, running $299.97. If you decide to commit to the lapdock and the handset at the same time, Verizon will cut you deal, offering a $100 mail-in rebate for those customers who also make the commitment to a 5GB of higher data plan.
Spec highlights for the 4G handset include a dual-core 1GHz Tl OMAP processor, 1GB of RAM, and an 8-megapixel built-in camera. Check out all the Bionic details, and tell us what you think in the comments below. Is the Droid Bionic pocket worthy?
Droid Bionic Specs
- Powered by Android™ 2.3.4 Gingerbread
- Dual-core 1 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM
- 4.3-inch qHD screen using scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass and dual-layer anti-reflective coating
- 8-megapixel autofocus camera with flash and 1080p HD video capture
- Front-facing camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi
- MOTOPRINT app to print via Wi-Fi-enabled printers
- Mirror Mode with HDMI out (HDMI cable required) supporting 1080p HD video playback
- Multi-window options for multitasking with ease when using the Webtop application
- Business Ready with advanced security policies; resizable and scrollable email, calendar and task widgets; device and SD card encryption; and Citrix® GotoMeeting® and Citrix Receiver™
- Adobe® Flash® pre-loaded
- HTML 5 capable
- 32 GB memory: 16 GB on board and 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed (actual formatted capacity is less)
- Support for up to 32 GB microSD cards
- Supports wireless charger